Friday, August 15, 2014

Kevin's Favorite Animal

Note: This is the first draw and tell story that I wrote. I think I wrote it in 2001. I didn't write another one until 2012. I managed to find this in a box of storytelling material in my basement. The reason I decided to dig it up was that it goes with this week's Flannel Friday theme. Children will guess the animal quickly so I suggest telling them to wait until the end of the story so everyone can shout it out together.

"Kevin's Favorite Animal"
by Linda Meuse
Notes from the Story Room
 
Kevin likes to do many different things. He likes to play in his room. (Draw 1) He has bookcases in his room with books about his favorite animal (Draw 2) He sits in a comfy chair in his room to read the books about his favorite animal. (Draw 3) Sometimes he builds towers with blocks in his room (Draw 4) Sometimes he plays with his sister in her room. (Draw 5) Sometimes he plays with his brother in his room. (Draw 6) Sometimes he plays with his brother and sister in their backyard. (Draw 7) However, Kevin's favorite thing to do is to go to the aquarium to see his favorite animal. (Draw 8)
 
What is Kevin's favorite animal? SHARK!!
 

 

This week's Flannel Friday celebrates Shark Week and is hosted by Sharon of Rain Makes Applesauce. 


3 comments:

  1. Linda, you are too cool! Honestly, I don't even think like this. Love it. ~ jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was going to post later when I had time to go through my files but when I saw we were having the Shark Week theme I had to dig it up.

      Delete
  2. Thx! This really helped me a lot, since my school is doing this project of doing draw and tell to small kids. And I found this website, and its sooooooo cool!

    ReplyDelete