Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May Preschool Class Visit

Preschool Class Visit - Thursday, May 2, 2013, 9:30 a.m., Ages 3 and 4, Attendance:
46 (28 children, 18 adults)

Books: The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems
             Roly-Poly Egg by Kali Stileman
             Butterfly, Butterfly by Petr Horacek

Board Story: "The Knee High Man" from Multicultural Folktales: Stories to Tell Young Children by Judy Sierra

Prop Story: "Penny Penguin's Magical Meal"

Board and Prop Story: "The Most Wonderful Egg in the World"

Game: Birthday Guessing Game

Notes: It's been some time since I have done a preschool class visit so I really enjoyed doing this one. I picked some favorite stories and activities from recent family storytimes. The children particularly enjoyed "Penny Penguin's Magical Meal" though I think that "The Most Wonderful Egg in the World" was the audience favorite. I also had a great time reading The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment