Tuesday, May 31, 2011

NJ TBBC & RSVP & Thanks

Years ago I attended meetings at what was then the NJ Library for the Blind and Handicapped so I have been there.  It is nice that there is going to be a tour at the CSS meeting. 

Many years ago I did tell a mom about the library and what it could offer her son.  She was not aware of the library and its services.  She came back later to thank me and let me know the library provided what was needed for her son.

At this point I will be attending the meeting on June 3 (at first I was, and then I wasn't, and then I was, and then I couldn't, and now I can).  I don't usually work on Fridays (I have the perfect part-time job so most of my weekends are long) and now I live close to the TBBC so I don't really have an excuse not to go. 

I would like to thank those who put together this tech challenge.  It was great fun.  Not only did I learn new  2.0 stuff but I was reminded of old 2.0 stuff I had forgotten about.  I have been inspired to explore more on my own.  Google Sites is working out very well for organizing my storytime notes.  Right now I am primarily listing books but will be adding other material as I go through the various boxes in my basement.  I never would have considered using Google Sites if it weren't for the tech challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing such a great blog! It was a pleasure to read :-)

    ReplyDelete